The Campari Negroni Competition follows a fully transparent, anonymous and independent process:
- Transparent: After each step of the competition, the participants will have access to their score via their own profile.
- Anonymous: To guarantee a fair evaluation of each proposal during the step 1: “Negroni Concept” and step 2:” Negroni Cocktail”, the jury will follow a blind judgement process while not receiving any single information about the participant nor the outlet they are judging.
- Independent: At all stage, the jury will be composed by independent and international members. At no time, Campari Benelux or any of its employees will be part of the jury or able to influence the decision of the jury.
Step 2 : NEGRONI CONCEPT
At this stage of the competition, the participants will have to log in and upload the following content in the dedicated spaces on their profile:
- The name of the cocktail
- The storytelling (max. 1000 characters)
- The recipe (Ingredients & Method)
- The picture of their cocktail (format 1:1(square); min weight 1MB and 100 dpi)
Note that all text must be submitted in English. The content must be uploaded on your profile between the 15th of February 2019 and the 14th of April at midnight.
The first step of the competition will be judged by independent and international jury members. The jury will evaluate the proposals according the following criteria:
- Storytelling: 20 pts
- Recipe: 10 pts
- Picture: 10 pts
- Concept (consistency between all 3 parts): 40 pts
A maximum of 80 points can be won at this stage + 20 points for amplification.
The evaluation will be done anonymously which means that at no time during this stage the jury will be able to link the proposals to a specific bartender and this in order to guarantee both transparency and neutrality of their evaluation.
The results of the first step will be announced and available online as from the 29th of April 2019 at midday. At the end of this stage, the 50 highest scores will access the second round of the competition.
Step 3: COCKTAIL SAMPLE
At this stage, the top 50 bartenders of the competition will have to send their creation into two separate bottles of 250ml tagged with their identification number, the name of their cocktail and the date of production to Campari Benelux head office situated at Avenue de la Metrologie 10 at 1130 Brussels before the 13th of May 2019 at midnight. The bottle will be supplied to the top 50 participants by Campari Benelux at the address mentioned during the registration phase. During the evaluation process, all cocktails will be blind tasted by the international and independant jury members. All cocktails will be tasted in a tumbler glass filled with ice cubes and garnished by a slice of orange. Each jury member will taste all the cocktails. The jury will evaluate the cocktails on the following criteria :
- Balance: 10 pts
- Mouth feel (texture): 10 pts
- Depth: 10 pts
- Aroma (scents): 10 pts
- Craftmanship: 10 pts
- Creativity: 10 pts
A maximum of 60 points can be won at this stage + 20 points for amplification. The results of the second step will be announced and available online as from the 27th of May 2019 at midday. At the end of this stage, the 10 best scores will access the competition’s final.
Step 4: THE FINAL
The final will be a private event that will take place on the 10th of June 2019 in a secret location in Belgium. During this event, the top 10 bartenders of the competition will be evaluated at 50% by an international and independent jury and at 50% by the guests of the event. During this stage of the competition, the bartender can be assisted by a person of his/her choice (see competition rules for more details). The winner of the competition will be announced at the end of the evening by our Jury.Learn more
Overall step: AMPLIFICATION
At each stage of the competition additional points can be won thanks to the social media amplification. We consider as social media amplification all the posts made on social media (Instagram & Facebook only) between the 29th of April 2019 and the 1st of June 2019 with the following hashtags and tags:
In order to guaranty a due equity between all participants, the evaluation will be based on the engagement rate.Learn more
First prize :
- A trip for 2 to the heart of the Negroni in Italy between the 24th and the 26th of June 2019
- Advertorial and interview in Venuez Magazine
Second prize :
- A €750 voucher valid at APS BAR SUPPLY
Third prize :
- A €500 voucher valid at APS BAR SUPPLY
The Campari Negroni Competition is a private event organised by Campari Benelux. The company is registered in Belgium under VAT number BE 0879.829.392, with registered office at 10, Avenue de la Metrologie 10 in 1130 Brussels.
This competition is restricted to Belgian and Luxembourg bartenders, who are at least 21 years of age on the day of their registration.